Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, October 31, 2008

Leaves leaves and more leaves

Well we finally got around to creating the crazy critters that we collected the sticks and leaves for. I helped the kids some at first but then their friends came over and they went crazy creating all kinds of fun little guys. These are just the first few they made, I didn't get pictures of the rest.
I hate our trees!! In the spring they drop seeds everywhere, in the summer it is sticks and in the fall we have leaves. Now don't get me wrong, I do love the shade they provide, but when you have 14 huge elm trees, that is just a little bit too much. I have no idea what to do with all the leaves after I rake them up, there are just too many. I will spend hours raking and the next day there are so many leaves on the ground again you would think I hadn't done anything. I don't think we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we decided to buy this house, some days I miss our tiny yard in Magna with its one tree.
On a positive note it has been great weather so I have loved being outside. To bad today is not shaping up to be a great day for Halloween, I just hope it doesn't rain.

1 comment:

COOLWHIP said...

Leaves make good compost!!!!