Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bowling Movies and a Crystal Light stand

Last thursday I decided the kids and I needed a day out so we wrote a list of all the fun things to do and decided to go bowling and to the movies. Bowling was great fun, Bowen won at 114 I came in second at 99 and Crysania was close on my tail at 96 points. Obviously we are not the best bowlers, but we had a good time. Elijah was going to bowl but decided he didn't want to at the last minute. He had fun playing around in the arcade games area pretending to ride the motorcycle and shoot the guns. Then we went to Movies 8 and watched Marley and Me, which crysania and I really enjoyed but the boys got bored about half way through. I was thinking the movie was going to be more for kids but it really wasn't.
Yesterday Crysania decided she wanted to earn some money so she could go to the video store and get something to watch for family home evening. So she set up a stand outside to sell Crystal light, while she was out there I decided to make some brownies for her to sell as well. For any of you that don't know, we have about a hundred kids walk past our house every day on their way home from school. Well she ended up making about $5 and I figured it cost about $2 to make all the stuff, that was a pretty good profit! She sold all of the brownies and two pitchers full of Crystal Light. So today we are making snickerdoodles and she is going to be out there again.

2 comments:

Mary said...

We watched that movie last week! I cried..It was really long though...I thought it would be more for kids too, Brennan got board in the first 20 minutes.
Lizzy and I used to sell stuff in front of our house too, while the kids walked home..We sold fresh made cotton candy and made chocolate suckers...it was really fun!

Sarah Lee said...

I'm glad to get a couple reviews of Marley and Me. They totally marketed it as a family movie, but most my friends said it wasn't for kids. One even said there was a scene that was innappropriate for little kids (and she's not even mormon).
We used to love to "try" and have lemonade stands, but we lived on a dead end, so it was just us and the neighbors close by.